Why Teens Should Take Driver’s Education
Do you have a teenager who is itching to get behind the wheel and drive? Remember back to that time when you turned 16 and couldn’t wait to get your license. As a parent, it is can be a stressful time. What is the best way to learn how to drive? Is it to enroll them in a drivers education class or teaching them to drive yourself by spending time in an empty parking lot. There are benefits to spending the money and enrolling your new driver in a driver’s education class….
6. LOWER INSURANCE PREMIUMS. A majority of insurance companies will offer discounts to teens who successfully complete a driver’s ed course. This discount could be as high as 25%. Saving money on car insurance is always a good thing!!!!
5, Mechanical Knowledge. Teens will know the basics of car such as how to change a tire and check the oil.
4. Rules of the road. Teens will be expended to put the rules of the road into action and to do it front of an instructor.
3. Defensive Driving. Teens will learn how to drive in rain, snow, and icy conditions. They will also learn how to spot aggressive drivers and how to best avoid crashes.
2. Personal responsibility. Teens will learn that with the privilege of driving comes the responsibility for their life but for the lives of their passengers.
- Confidence. When they complete the course, they will be more confident in their abilities along with a better understanding of the rules of the road. Therefore, mom and dad can rest a little easier knowing that their teen is driving with confidence and is being safe.
Here are a few places around Kansas City that offer driver’s education classes.
McShane & Brady is a personal injury law firm that represents those who have been injured in a car/truck accident, a slip & fall, a dog bite, victim of nursing home neglect or victim of a HIPAA violation. If we can be of assistance please call our office at 816-888-8010.